What's the 411 @ 291?

The Lafayette Drop

What's the 411 @ 291?

The Lafayette Drop

What's the 411 @ 291?

The Lafayette Drop

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Harmony in Science: Evell Williams IV Strikes a Chord at the Science Academy

Senior Evell Williams IV Blends Musical Passion with Leadership, Setting the Stage for Future Generations

In this edition, we’re shining the spotlight on Evell Williams IV, a distinguished senior at the Science Academy, who has made an indelible mark through his dedication to music and leadership. At 18, Evell reflects on his four-year journey, highlighting the pivotal role the Passaic Academy for Science Engineering (PASE) program played in steering him towards his musical ambitions. Despite the school’s emphasis on science, Evell discovered a vibrant arts culture, notably participating in the student council as vice president and leading as the frontman of the modern band. These experiences, he believes, deeply influenced his decision to delve into the world of music, aspiring to impact future artists.

Evell’s musical voyage commenced in 2019 with the marching band, where he developed a profound connection to the art form. Declaring music as his passion, he is determined to pursue music education and teaching, inspired by the mentorship of his music teachers. Evell aims to emulate their influence, enhancing the musical education landscape for the upcoming generations by sharing his love and knowledge of music.

What sets Evell apart is his choice to follow a musical path in a predominantly STEM-oriented institution. He credits his decision to his sophomore year involvement in “The Vells,” a modern band where he served as the lead vocalist. The school provided unexpected opportunities to engage in the arts, thanks to figures like Mr. Place and Mr. Rusca, who lead the school’s music program and the PHS Marching Band, respectively.

Beyond his musical pursuits, Evell has played a significant role in the Student Government Association (SGA), evolving from vice president to senator. His leadership endeavors aim to foster positive changes for his peers, building on his experience as a student body president in his previous school.

As Evell approaches the culmination of his time at PASE, he looks back with appreciation for the unique blend of science and arts education he received. His story serves as a testament to the school’s nurturing environment, proving that passion and perseverance can thrive even in the most unexpected settings. Evell Williams IV’s legacy at the Science Academy is a beacon of inspiration, demonstrating the harmonious balance between the sciences and the arts.

View Comments (3)