What's the 411 @ 291?

The Lafayette Drop

What's the 411 @ 291?

The Lafayette Drop

What's the 411 @ 291?

The Lafayette Drop

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Persona 3 Reload, My Favorite RPG

Leonardo Martinez
The Persona 3 Reload Collectors Edition box

Persona 3 Reload stands as a testament to the enduring legacy of the RPG genre, breathing new life into the classic title that redefined the genre: Persona 3. My journey through its immersive world spanned a whopping 75 hours and 50 minutes on my initial playthrough, a testament to its captivating nature and depth. (Though, it did make me question what else I could’ve spent my time on – like studying, don’t tell my teachers that though.) 

But I’m getting ahead of myself, 

What exactly is Persona 3 Reload? 

At its core, it’s a blend of the familiar turn-based RPG elements – think levels, stats, and equipment – infused with a unique twist of social simulation. The crux of the game revolves around the protagonist’s dual life: navigating the challenges of high school by day and confronting the mysterious Tartarus tower during “The Dark Hour” by night. This duality sets the stage for a compelling narrative that seamlessly intertwines everyday school life with supernatural dungeon crawling.

Leonardo Martinez
The Protagonist idling

During daylight hours, you’ll find yourself attending classes, exploring the vibrant town, and nurturing friendships with an eclectic cast of characters. These interactions aren’t mere distractions but integral to your journey. As night falls and the enigmatic “Dark Hour” descends, Tartarus emerges, beckoning you and your party members to delve into its depths and confront the Shadows that dwell within. It’s here that the true essence and greatness of Persona 3 Reload shines. 

The key to success in battle lies not only in strategic prowess but also in the strength of your bonds with your comrades. The Social Link system, a hallmark of the Persona series, adds layers of depth as you forge meaningful connections with your allies. By spending time with them, sharing in their triumphs and tribulations, you unlock the full potential of your personas – manifestations of your inner self – and gain access to powerful abilities.

Yet, Persona 3 Reload isn’t merely about combat and friendship; Its narrative weaves a tapestry of intrigue, blending supernatural elements with the trials and tribulations of high school life. Each character you encounter has their own story to tell, adding depth and nuance to the overarching plot. Looking into the story even more, it’s about acceptance, it’s about understanding one another, and coming to terms with destiny, while this may not make sense to you if you haven’t played through the game, it becomes obvious when you finally sit there, watching the credits after your first playthrough. 

In essence, Persona 3 Reload transcends the boundaries of traditional RPGs, offering a holistic experience that combines strategic gameplay, social simulation, and immersive storytelling. It’s a testament to the power of meaningful connections and personal growth, both in-game and beyond. Whether you’re drawn to its strategic combat, engaging social dynamics, or captivating narrative, Persona 3 Reload promises an unforgettable journey into the depths of the human psyche. 

So, to end this off, arm yourself with Evokers, summon your personas, and prepare to embark on a journey unlike any other – for Persona 3 Reload is truly an RPG to remember.

____________________________________________________________________________

That’s all I’ve got for this first review; I hope you like it! Most reviews are going to be of this length unless I decide to start talking about multiple games of the same franchise in the same review, a franchise review maybe, like all the modern Persona games or the Walking Dead Telltale games, might be something to consider. (Of course, those would take longer.) Anyway, I hope you have a good rest of your day! I’ll see you next time, adios!

Leonardo Martinez
Picture of my first completed save file, used for New Game +